Gaillardia Double Mixed Colour Flower Seeds | Blanket flower
Blanket flower (Gaillardia x Grandiflora) is a great choice for a perennial with a long season of bloom. Seed Packet contains 35 seeds.
Blanket flowers are wonderfully cheerful, long-blooming plants for hot, sunny gardens. They produce single or double daisy flowers through most of the summer and well into fall.The daisy-like flowers are produced from early summer to early fall in shades of orange, red and yellow, adding sizzle to the garden and attracting nectar-seeking butterflies.
|Seeds per Packet||50|
|Common Name||Blanket Flower.|
|Bloom Time||Early summer to early fall.|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Planting And Care
- Plant it away from the direct rain.
- Only Moderate watering is enough for Gaillardia
- Gaillardia x Grandiflora does not require deadheading to keep blooming, but the plants will look better and be fuller if you do cut the stems back when the flowers start to fade
- You will also get more continuous flowering with deadheading
Gaillardia Double Mixed Color Care
- Plant Gaillardia x Grandiflora any time after frost
- Dig a hole twice the diameter of the pot the plant is in
- Carefully remove the plant from its container and place it in the hole so the top of the root ball is level with the soil surface
- Carefully fill in around the root ball and firm the soil gently
- Water thoroughly
|Watering||Water well until they are not established. Once established, occasional watering should become a part of blanket flowers care.|
|Soil||a well-draining soil with moderately fertile.|
|Temperature||Gaillardia can be grown with temperatures of 65-70 F.|
|Fertilizer||Apply an all-purpose slow-release fertilizer on the soil every couple of months.|
|Harvest Season||Early summer to early fall.|
Gaillardia Double Mixed Color Special Feature
Gaillardia is a short-lived perennial with richly coloured, daisylike flowers. Gaillardia blossoms attract bees and butterflies, and the plants will bloom for eight weeks or more when old flowers are removed.
Gaillardia Double Mixed Color Uses
- Gaillardia are such long bloomers, they work equally well in borders and containers
- The bold flowers blend especially well with soft textures, like thread-leaf Coreopsis and cosmos, as well as airy grasses