Mini's Lifestyle Hub
Hy Neelan Churaka Seeds | Bottle Gourd Seeds
calculated at checkout.
|| Churakka, Bottle gourd, lauki, doodhi, and ghiya
|No. of Seed
||Easy to grow
Planting And Care
- Weeding can be done by hoeing as and when necessary
- Fruit rot during the rainy season can be checked by training the plants over the bamboo stick or dried branches
Bottle Gourd F1 Rama Care
- The bottle gourd is a vigorous, annual, running or climbing vine with large leaves and a lush appearance
- It grows fast and may begin to flower only 2 months after seeding
- The vine is branched and climbs by means of tendrils along the stem
- Choose a location that is sunny and has good drainage
- Place an inch of composted manure on top of the bed and work it into the soil
- Plant seeds 2 feet apart from each other in rows 5 feet apart
- If you are not next to a fence install a trellis or arbour immediately after planting, so you do not disturb growing roots
- Water the soil completely immediately after planting
||Medium. Irrigate the field before dibbling the seeds and thereafter once a week.
||Sandy loamy soils rich in organic matter with good drainage and pH ranges from 6.5 to 7.5 is suited for bottle gourd cultivation.
||This crop requires a moderately warm temperature.24 to 27 degrees C
||Apply a side dressing of 3 lbs. of 10-10-10 fertilizer per 100 square feet of the garden when the vines start to run. Water the fertilizer into the ground well.
||Fruits are harvested at the tender stage and before 100 % maturity.