Mini's Lifestyle Hub
Regular price ₹ 25.00 Sale price
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
Muskmelon (Cucumis melo) belongs to the family of Cucurbits. In common usage, it comes under the category of fruits but in cultivation practices, it is treated as a vegetable. The plant requires 6 to 8 hours of daily sunlight in order to produce fully formed melons. Muskmelon seed kernels are edible and nutritious since they are rich in oils and energy.
|Seeds per Packet||15|
|Common Name||Musk Melon
|Time till Harvest
- The best time to sow Muskmelon Seeds is from November to march.
- Muskmelon is grown on the ground, open farmland or yard gardens. Seeds are sown directly on outdoor raised beds.
- Fertile, well-drained, sandy soil with plenty of organic manures is needed.
- Sow two to three seeds per pot in a spacing of 3 x 3 ft.
- Push the seeds a little in soil with your fingers & completely cover them with the surrounding soil.
- Water the sown seedbed immediately by a light shower with a watering can.
- Seeds will germinate within the first 6-8 days or so & tiny sprouts will be visible.
- Second week onwards, seedlings will start growing into small plants
- Three weeks after germination, only single, healthy seedlings are allowed to grow at one spot & other slow-growing seedlings are thinned out.