Muskmelon (Cucumis melo) belongs to the family of Cucurbits. In common usage, it comes under the category of fruits but in cultivation practices, it is treated as a vegetable. The plant requires 6 to 8 hours of daily sunlight in order to produce fully formed melons. Muskmelon seed kernels are edible and nutritious since they are rich in oils and energy.
|Seeds per Packet||15|
|Common Name||Musk Melon
|Time till Harvest
- The best time to sow Muskmelon Seeds is from November to march.
- Muskmelon is grown on the ground, open farmland or yard gardens. Seeds are sown directly on outdoor raised beds.
- Fertile, well-drained, sandy soil with plenty of organic manures is needed.
- Sow two to three seeds per pot in a spacing of 3 x 3 ft.
- Push the seeds a little in soil with your fingers & completely cover them with the surrounding soil.
- Water the sown seedbed immediately by a light shower with a watering can.
- Seeds will germinate within the first 6-8 days or so & tiny sprouts will be visible.
- Second week onwards, seedlings will start growing into small plants
- Three weeks after germination, only single, healthy seedlings are allowed to grow at one spot & other slow-growing seedlings are thinned out.